This is the perfect trip for the active adventurer who wants to profoundly experience and explore Alaska under their own power. We meet in Anchorage and head north to Denali for a challenging and spectacular three day backpacking trip in Denali State Park. If weather permits, we will enjoy amazing views of Mt. McKinley - the largest mountain in North America. No experience necessary, you just need to be in good shape and ready for adventure.
• Arrive and depart from Anchorage (ANC)
• Three day wilderness backpacking trip in Denali State Park
• In depth exploration of Alaska's alpine tundra environment
• Wild blueberries (in season)
• Awesome views of Denali (Mt. McKinley) if conditions permit
• We can add extra days in Denali National Park for white water rafting, more hiking, and/or wildlife viewing
We will meet today in Anchorage to discuss trip logistics and issue gear. We have tents, sleeping bags, ground pads, and group tarps for your complementary use. Please note that you will need to help carry group food (we will pack in bear resistant food containers) and group gear (water filters, cook pots, stoves, etc.).
This morning we head north to Denali and begin our backpacking trip in Denali State Park. Today’s hike is strenuous as we hike upwards to the top of Kesugi Ridge. Making sure to pace ourselves, we will climb about 2,000 vertical feet over several miles. Good thing you have been warming up on the stair climber at your gym for several weeks!
• 08:00 am Breakfast
• 09:00 am Depart Anchorage
• Picnic lunch at Denali view area
• 01:00 pm Arrive Trail head, begin backpack
Spectacular backpacking along Kesugi Ridge. All of our hike today traverses the rocky tundra of this alpine ridge – far above tree line. If the weather is clear, we will enjoy amazing views of Denali, North America’s tallest mountain. We will wander among pristine alpine lakes, sculptures of weathered rock, and enjoy tasty wild blue berries!
We will cover 16 miles in the three days of backpacking - this will allow us to pace ourselves on this challenging route and potentially allow time for additional exploration for folks who still want more.
Today we arise in our spectacular surroundings and enjoy breakfast and hot coffee in camp. We’ll pack up camp and soon begin the long decent past Loon Lake to the Ermine Hill trail head. Now its time to return to Anchorage, unless you want to customize your trip with additional time and activities or a drop off in Denali National Park.
• 03:00 pm Arrive Trail head
• 07:00 pm Arrive Anchorage
Contact us to schedule your trip! Four person minimum
$775 per person
We can customize this adventure to fit the needs and desires of your group
This trip includes
• Accommodations –2 nights camping.
• Transportation and activities as described in the itinerary.
• Meals: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners.
• Equipment: Use of Out in Alaska’s high quality tents, sleeping bags, sleeping bags, and group camping gear.
• Taxes: All local taxes and park entrance fees are included
Items of a personal nature are not included.
Gratuities (For restaurant meals, hotel maids, and guides ) are not included.
All information subject to change due to weather, current conditions, road closures, or other reasons!
For more information and to inquire about a trip contact us: (907) 339-0101 or email us:
Join our social media groups:
Alaska Adventure Tour -
Join Out in Alaska for a week of “life list” adventures! We will look for wildlife, cruise Prince William Sound, kayak to a glacier, walk on a glacier with crampons, raft a wild river, and hike in Denali!! Along the way we will stay in comfortable hotels and cabins, marvel at amazing scenery, and enjoy great food including wild Alaska seafood!
Check back for future offers on our cruises, tours, and adventures.