This is the perfect trip for the active adventurer who wants to profoundly experience and explore Alaska under their own power. We will deeply connect with Alaska's rugged coast by exploring Kenai Fjords National Park by sea kayak. Keep your eyes out for whales, sea otters, eagles and other wildlife as we enjoy this fantastic area. We will spend four days near the gigantic Bear Glacier and even paddle among its giant icebergs.
• Arrive Anchorage (ANC) by 04:00 pm July 24th.
• Tour ends in Anchorage July 28.
• The tour will pick-up from the hotel in Anchorage, at 09:00 am.
• Adventure begins in Anchorage
• Scenic drive along Turnagain Arm, exploring the sights along the way
• Thrilling Class 5 rafting trip on Six Mile Creek.
• Three day wilderness kayaking trip in Kenai Fjords National Park
• Camping on secluded beaches with only the sounds of waves and birds
• Paddling to massive Bear Glacier (if conditions permit)
• Looking for whales, sea otters, and eagles
• Here comes an additional activity.
Arrive in Anchorage by 4pm today. Plan to arrive earlier if you need to buy outdoor clothing or supplies in Anchorage. Take a taxi to the gay owned bed and breakfast that will serve as our home-base in Anchorage.
• 06:00 pm Get to know your fellow travelers and discuss trip logistics over a glass of wine at our accommodations.
• 07:30 pm Welcome Dinner
Our adventure begins with the scenic drive along Turnagain Arm – where the Chugach Mountans meet the sea – and a brief warm up hike with awesome views. Next we continue south and head into the Kenai Mountains to join an exciting whitewater rafting trip on Six Mile Creek!
• 08:00 am Breakfast at our lodging
• 09:00 am Depart hotel, scenic drive to Hope
• Stretch our legs on a day hike
• Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
• Picnic Lunch
• 02:00 pm Meet Raft guides along Six Mile Creek
• Class IV and V raft trip!
• 07:00 pm Check into cabins in Hope
This morning we head to Seward where we will pick up sea kayaks and take a water taxi out to a remote spot in Kenai Fjords National Park for our kayaking adventure! In the afternoon we will explore the lagoon of Bear Glacier and enjoy a sublime paddle among the icebergs.
• 07:30 am Breakfast
• 08:30 am Depart Hope
• 10:00 am Arrive Seward
• 12:00 pm Water Taxi departs
• 01:00 pm Arrive Bear Glacier beach, set up camp
• Afternoon Paddle practice and explore Bear Lagoon
Wake up and pinch yourself as you look around and marvel at our incredible surroundings. Today we pack up camps and spend the afternoon paddling up Resurrection Bay towards Cains Head.
• 09:00 am Low tide
• 03:25 pm High tide
• Camp, North Beach
Time to return to Seward. We will spend the morning paddling into Lowell Point. In the afternoon we will drive north returning to Anchorage. If we missed it on the way south, we will visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center for an up close visit with Alaska’s most famous residents: bears, moose, and caribou.
• AM Paddle to Lowell Point
• Return rental kayaks
• Scenic drive to Anchorage
• 5 pm Arrive Anchorage
July 24 - July 28
$1675 per person, double occupancy
Here comes an optional activity US$12-$35
This trip includes
• Accommodations: 4 nights of comfortable lodging. 4 nights of remote camping away from proper bathroom facilities.
• Transportation and activities as described in the itinerary.
• Meals: 8 Breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 8 dinners.
• Equipment: Use of Out in Alaska’s high quality tents, sleeping bags, sleeping bags, and group camping gear. See the packing list for this trip for more information.
• Taxes: All local taxes are included
Items of a personal nature are not included.
Gratuities: (For restaurant meals, hotel maids, and guides ) are not included.
All information subject to change due to weather, current conditions, road closures, or other reasons!
For more information and to inquire about a trip contact us: (907) 374-9958 or email@example.com
Alaska Adventure Tour -
Join Out in Alaska for a week of “life list” adventures! We will look for wildlife, cruise Prince William Sound, kayak to a glacier, walk on a glacier with crampons, raft a wild river, and hike in Denali!! Along the way we will stay in comfortable hotels and cabins, marvel at amazing scenery, and enjoy great food including wild Alaska seafood!
Out in Alaska announces our early 2011 Sale!